Kentucky Lottery Corporation
Points for Prizes™
Rules and Regulations
1. The KLC and its designated agents Scientific Games International, Inc. (SGI) and MDI Entertainment, LLC (MDI), a subsidiary of SGI, will operate the Points for Prizes™ program under the provisions provided in this document.
2. Points for Prizes™is a rewards program that is part of the Kentucky Lottery Corporation’s (KLC) Fun Club Rewards. Players can earn points by submitting valid tickets at kylottery.com. Players can redeem their points for items at the Points for Prizes™ store at kylottery.com. The Points for Prizes™ Program is void where prohibited by law. The KLC reserves the right to change Points for Prizes™ in any way and at any time or to terminate Points for Prizes™ entirely upon reasonable and appropriate public notice.
4. The KLC may use, without limitation, an entrant's name, hometown, likeness, and/or voice in any promotions, research, marketing, publications, or other advertising media including, but not limited to, KLC websites, without compensation or additional release.
5. The KLC reserves the right to use the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of all entrants for research and marketing purposes.
6. These rules may be amended at the KLC's discretion.
ELIGIBILITY FOR POINTS
7. A scratch-off ticket eligible for points is any non-winning scratch-off ticket from a KLC scratch-off game for which that game’s announced game end date has not passed as of December 3, 2012 and the last date to claim a prize has not passed. Tickets entered prior to December 3, 2012 are not eligible for points. Game entry deadlines for points are announced at kylottery.com.
8. A terminal-generated ticket (such as Powerball) eligible for points is any terminal-generated ticket with at least one non-winning play and includes a 25 character unique draw game code printed on the ticket.
9. Exchange tickets will only re-print the draw game code once, and therefore should be entered for points before redeeming any portion of the ticket.
10. Non-winning terminal-generated tickets with the draw game code are eligible for entry up to 180 days from the last draw date printed on the front of the ticket.
11. Canceled terminal-generated tickets are not eligible for entry. The entry process for games that can be canceled may have additional restrictions to prevent canceled tickets from being entered.
12. Fun Club Rewards members must be at least eighteen (18) years old and have a valid U.S. address in order to register as a member of Fun Club Rewards and participate in Points for Prizes™.
13. Players will be limited to 200 total entries per week as part of the KLC’s Fun Club Rewards program. A week is defined as Sunday at midnight until the following Saturday at 11:59:59 p.m. ET. This 200 ticket limit encompasses all KLC programs including Bonus Drawings, Ultimate Second Chance, Final Top Prize, Points for Prizes™ and any other KLC sponsored promotions. KLC reserves the right to change, without notice, the limit on the amount of tickets that may be entered weekly or daily.
14. The KLC reserves the right to discontinue eligibility of any game(s).
15. Scratch-off tickets that win a prize, including a free ticket prize, are not eligible for Points for Prizes™ and will be rejected by the system.
16. Entries for Points for Prizes™ may also automatically receive entry into other promotions. For additional information, see the Ultimate Second Chance Rules, Final Top Prize Rules, Bonus Drawing Rules and all other rules for specific promotions.
To access Points for Prizes™, a player must first register to become a Fun Club Rewards member and establish a Fun Club Rewards account at kylottery.com
18. Once registered, a player will be able to log in to submit an entry or participate in other internet programs that may be provided from time to time.
19. Registration to be a member of Fun Club Rewards requires the player to provide his or her birth date, unique email address, password, and contact information.
20. Failure to fully provide required information will cause a player's request to register to be rejected.
21. The KLC, SGI, and MDI assume no responsibility for incorrect information provided by a player on the registration form. After completing the registration, a player is responsible for updating account information as needed by logging in and going to his or her account page.
22. A player may have no more than one (1) account. A player is not permitted to create additional accounts in the event that his or her email or other relevant information changes. The player may log in with his or her existing account credentials and make any desired changes at any time.
POINTS FOR PRIZES™ POINTS
23. Players earn Points for Prizes™ points for eligible tickets (scratch-off and terminal generated)entered through the Fun Club Rewards at kylottery.com.
24. Points are non-monetary numerical values assigned to eligible tickets.
25. Points for Prizes™ provides points for each eligible ticket. Cash shall not be awarded in lieu of rewards items.
26. Each eligible ticket has a point value based on a range of values assigned by the KLC. The KLC reserves the right to change the point value assigned.
27. The point value, associated with each valid ticket, will be revealed to the player and applied to his or her account at kylottery.com upon successful submission of each eligible ticket.
28. Points are not transferable. Point balances from more than one (1) account will not be combined.
29. Points shall be valid only for the KLC’s Points for Prizes™ Program.
30. The KLC may credit a player’s account at its own discretion.
31. Points may expire. The KLC reserves the right to establish, modify or delete a rule regarding the expiration of points at its own discretion at any time.
32. To submit a ticket, a player must first log in to kylottery.com using his or her unique Fun Club Rewards account information.
a. Once logged in, a player submits an entry according to the instructions on the Enter Tickets page of the website. Required entry information for a scratch-off ticket includes the eighteen (18) digit VIRN (Void If Removed Number), which is located underneath the latex of each scratch-off ticket and the three (3) digit ticket number. Required entry information for a terminal-generated ticket is the 25 character draw game code printed on the terminal-generated ticket.
b. To prevent fraudulent submissions, after five (5) consecutive attempts to submit tickets that are not recognized as eligible tickets, a player will be unable to submit tickets for 12 hours. After a ticket has been successfully submitted for points, the player does not need to retain the ticket.
33. A list of previously submitted tickets is available from the Ticket History page.
34. An eligible ticket may be submitted one (1) time only. The system will reject a ticket that has been submitted previously.
POINTS FOR PRIZES™ STORE
35. Points are redeemed for items listed at kylottery.com in the Points for Prizes™ Store.
36. Points required for redemptions vary. The number of points required to be redeemed for a particular item shall be determined by the KLC and be posted at kylottery.com. The KLC may in its discretion change the points required for redemption of any item at any time.
37. The KLC may in its own discretion discontinue offering an item at any time.
38. If an item is not readily available for any reason, the KLC reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute another item of similar value, or credit a player’s account at its sole discretion.
39. Prizes are non-transferable and non-refundable unless otherwise authorized by the KLC.
40. The awarding of all prizes is subject to eligibility verification.
41. A player may use some or all points for his or her choice of items as offered in the Points for Prizes™ Store.
42. A player must first log in to his or her Fun Club Rewards account at kylottery.com
43. To redeem points, a player must select the item or items, designate the quantity of each item requested, and click the appropriate button to submit the order.
44. It is the player's responsibility to ensure that the appropriate item and quantity are selected.
45. Once the order has been submitted, points will be deducted from the player's Fun Club Rewards account.
46. Orders cannot be changed, canceled, or returned once placed.
47. The KLC does not warrant or guarantee product quality or availability of products.
48. The KLC is not responsible for any prizes lost, damaged, or stolen during shipment, pick-up, or use.
49. The KLC is not responsible for any damages, injury or loss of life resulting from any item awarded.
50. Players are responsible for any applicable taxes.
51. Players are solely responsible for maintaining and keeping account information current or accurate. The KLC assumes no responsibility or liability whatsoever for technical or computer malfunctions or for player's failure to keep account information current.
52. By participating in Fun Club Rewards, each player and his or her heirs, legal representatives, and assigns agree to indemnify, defend, release, and discharge the KLC, SGI, MDI, their employees, officers, and directors, from and against any loss, claim, damage, suit, or injury arising out of or relating to Fun Club Rewards Program, products or any action taken pursuant to these rules.
Last amended: August 8, 2013