Kentucky Lottery Corporation
Statewide Scratch-Off Second Chance Promotion
Rules & Regulations
1. The Kentucky Lottery Corporation (KLC) along with its designated agents Scientific Games, Inc. (SGI) and MDI Entertainment, LLC (MDI) plans to conduct a second chance player promotion called Bonus Drawings with non-winning Kentucky Lottery scratch-off tickets from a KLC game that:
A) Has not reached its game end date as of December 3, 2012.
B) Does not have an Ultimate Second Chance (USC) drawing or a Final Top Prize (FTP) drawing affiliated with them.
C) Has not reached its last date to claim prior to the entry deadline for Bonus Drawings.
To be eligible, all entries must be received in the manner set forth below by the announced entry deadline for each drawing. Players may enter this promotion only at kylottery.com.
2. The KLC will award second chance cash prizes as incentive for players to continue to play games that do not have a USC or FTP drawing affiliated with them. The KLC will award five (5) $5,000 prizes at four (4) separate drawings. Once determined, all entry deadlines and draw dates will be communicated at kylottery.com.
3. To enter the Bonus Drawings promotion, players must first register for a Fun Club Rewards account at kylottery.com.
4. Once registered, a player will be able to log in to submit an entry or participate in other programs (including the Points for Prizes™ program).
5. Required sections on the player registration form include age verification, unique email address and password and contact information.
6. Failure to fully provide required information will cause a player’s request to register to be rejected. Failure to provide accurate information could cause a player whose entry is selected as a winner for the Bonus Drawings promotion to be disqualified. A player shall be considered ineligible if the KLC determines that a player does not meet all player eligibility requirements or provided false information.
7. The KLC, SGI and MDI assume no responsibility for incorrect information provided by a player on the registration form. After completing the registration, a player is responsible for updating account information as needed by logging in and going to his or her account profile page.
8. An entrant must be at least eighteen (18) years old to participate.
9. Entrants must have a valid U.S. address in order to register and participate.
10. Scratch-offs with an instant win (including a free ticket awarded as an instant win) are not eligible for this promotion. Terminal generated draw games are not eligible for this promotion.
11. Players will be limited to 200 total entries per week as part of Fun Club Rewards. A week is defined as Sunday at midnight until the following Saturday at 11:59:59 p.m. EST. This 200 ticket limit encompasses all KLC programs including Bonus Drawings, Ultimate Second Chance, Final Top Prize, Points for Prizes™ and any other KLC sponsored promotions. The KLC reserves the right to change, without notice, the limit on the amount of tickets that may be entered weekly or daily.
PRIZES AND ODDS:
12. Each drawing will award five (5) $5,000 prizes.
13. Odds of being selected as a winner in the Bonus Drawings will depend on the number of entries submitted for each associated drawing.
14. The KLC’s website, kylottery.com, is the sole location where an entry for the Bonus Drawings can be submitted. Any ticket physically sent to or dropped off at any location whatsoever, will be ineligible. The KLC will destroy all non-winning physical tickets received at any lottery office and the tickets will not be returned.
15. To submit an entry, a player must first log onto kylottery.com using his or her unique account information.
16. Once logged in, a player submits an entry according to the instructions on the “Enter Tickets” page of the website. Required entry information from the ticket includes: the 18-digit VIRN (void if removed number) and 3-digit ticket number.
17. A list of previously submitted entries is available from the “Ticket History” page.
18. An eligible ticket may be submitted one time only. The entry system will reject an entry that has been previously submitted.
19. The entry system will reject an entry if it is an instant prize-winning ticket.
20. To prevent fraudulent entries, after five (5) consecutive attempts to submit entries that are not recognized as eligible tickets, a player will be unable to submit entries for 12 hours.
21. After an entry is accepted, the player does not need to retain his or her ticket for the Bonus Drawings promotion.
23. Players are only allowed to win once in this promotion.
GRAND PRIZE DRAWINGS:
24. The grand prize for this promotion is $5,000. There will be 20 total winners who each receive the grand prize. The drawings are scheduled for March 2013, June 2013, September 2013 and December of 2013 and are subject to change at the KLC’s discretion.
25. All drawing management services associated with this promotion will be conducted by SGI.
26. Drawings will be conducted under the supervision of an independent drawing auditor who will perform agreed upon procedures for each drawing. Drawings will occur at the SGI offices located at 1500 Bluegrass Lakes Parkway, Alpharetta, GA 30004.
27. In each of the Bonus Drawings, five (5) winners will be randomly selected to receive the grand prize of $5,000, followed by ten (10) alternates for the grand prize.
28. Draw dates and entry deadlines are subject to change or modification as determined necessary or convenient by the KLC. The KLC will attempt to post all changes to entry deadlines and drawing dates on the website.
29. Once an eligible alternate is moved up to become a grand prize winner, his or her alternate status in the Bonus Drawings promotional drawing will be voided.
30. A member of the KLC’s Marketing Department will notify all winners by phone. The KLC will use the phone number and physical address provided on the entry and will not use any other means to contact the winner. If the winner cannot be reached by phone within a seven (7) business day time period (certified letters will be sent after three (3) business days if the winner is not reached by phone), he or she will be disqualified, and the prize will be awarded to the first eligible alternate selected. Fulfillment of the grand prizes will be handled by the KLC’s Promotions Department.
31. Bonus Drawing winners MUST claim their prizes within fifteen (15) business days following the date of contact by the KLC Marketing Department. Bonus Drawing prizes can be claimed by U.S. Mail by sending all required information to: ATTENTION: DRAWING MANGER, Kentucky Lottery Corporation, 1011 West Main Street, Louisville, KY 40202. The person whose name is on the entry must be the person who claims the prize. Winners must provide a valid government issued photograph identification, such as a driver’s license, or other form of photograph identification acceptable to the KLC, and a completed Promotion Claim Form that they will receive from the KLC Marketing Department. The prize will be awarded only after the KLC receives the prize winner’s accurate and complete Promotion Claim Form and required ID. The prize winner’s accurate and complete Promotion Claim Form and required photograph ID must be received by the KLC no later than fifteen (15) business days following the date of contact by the KLC Marketing Department in order to claim the prize. After fifteen (15) business days have passed, the prize will be forfeited and awarded to the first alternate selected in the drawing.
32. The KLC will withhold federal, state and all applicable taxes, according to federal and state withholding requirements. Any taxes above the standard formulas are the responsibility of the winner.
33. The KLC is not responsible for the electronic misdelivery, late delivery, or failure to receive ticket information entered electronically, risk of loss remains with the entrant regardless of the cause of the transmission failure.
34. All entries are subject to validation by the KLC and may be disqualified if eligibility requirements are not met. Validity of entries, drawings, and the award of prizes are subject to rules and regulations of the KLC and the laws of the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
35. By accepting the grand prize or any other prize, each winner, his or her heirs, legal representatives and assigns agree to indemnify and hold harmless, defend, release and discharge the Kentucky Lottery Corporation, the Commonwealth of Kentucky, their employees, officers and directors from and against any loss, claim, damage suit or injury arising out of or relating to the acceptance of any prize.
36. The KLC is not responsible for any rules, regulations or restrictions imposed by its promotional partners. The KLC is not responsible for and has no obligation regarding the condition, quality defects or other attributes of the prizes awarded during a promotion and expressly disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for particular purpose.
37. The KLC reserves the right to change or extend any of the dates set out in these rules. The KLC reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, suspend, postpone or cancel, with or without notice, any portion of this promotion at any time and for any reason including the award of any prize with the approval of the KLC’s Senior Vice President of Sales & Marketing or his designee from the Executive Management group.
38. In computing any period of time under these rules, the day of the designated act or event is not to be included; the last day of the period so computed is to be included. The term “business day” means a day that the KLC Corporate Office is actually open for business (holidays, weekends and other days the KLC is closed are excluded), and such day is from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time.
39. In the event that interpretation of these rules is necessary, the decision of the KLC’s Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing or his designee from the Executive Management Group, after consultation with Internal Audit, Security and Legal (if necessary), will be final.
40. No one under 18 years of age and no one otherwise prohibited by KRS.154A from playing KLC games are eligible to participate in this promotion or win any prize.
41. This promotion is void where prohibited by law.
Last amended: December 3, 2012