Final Top Prize Drawings for Eligible Games
Rules & Regulations
1. The Kentucky Lottery Corporation (KLC) plans to conduct Final Top Prize Drawings with tickets for selected games that have a top prize amount of $50,000 or more. Tickets that display a “FTP” entry symbol may be entered in the Final Top Prize Drawing. The opportunity will run from each game’s start date until five (5) days after the announced game end date. To be eligible, all entries must be received by the KLC in the manner set forth below in paragraph three. Any entries received after the fifth day following the announced game end date will be disqualified.
2. Players may enter Final Top Prize Drawings via the internet only. To enter, players may enter only eligible Final Top Prize scratch-off tickets which display the Final Top Prize “FTP” entry symbol in the scratch-off play area.
To enter, players must access the KLC’s web site at kylottery.com
and follow the links to the “Final Top Prize Drawing” entry screen. At the Final Top Prize Drawing entry screen, players must enter all required information, including the player’s name, street address, city, state, zip code, phone number, the 18-digit Validation Number and the 3-digit Ticket Number of the scratch-off ticket. If a player does not have a phone number, an alternate phone number where the player can be reached must be provided. INTERNET ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED BY 11:59 P.M. E.S.T. ON THE FIFTH DAY AFTER THE ANNOUNCED GAME END DATE TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THE DRAWING. The number from any eligible scratch-off FTP entry ticket may be entered only once. PLAYERS MUST RETAIN THEIR ELIGIBLE SCRATCH-OFF TICKET AS PART OF THE ENTRY AND PROOF OF ELIGIBILITY TO CLAIM THEIR PRIZE SHOULD THEY BE SELECTED AS A WINNER. ENTRANTS SHOULD HOLD THEIR TICKETS FOR 90 DAYS AFTER THE WINNER IS ANNOUNCED. TICKETS RECEIVED IN THE MAIL BY THE KLC WILL NOT BE ENTERED INTO THE DRAWING AND WILL NOT BE RETURNED.
Entries cannot be changed after submission.
5. Every Final Top Prize Drawing will be held within fifteen (15) business days after the announced game end date at the KLC Corporate Headquarters, located at 1011 West Main Street, Louisville, Kentucky 40202. The time and place of this drawing is subject to change without notice.
6. A Final Top Prize Drawing winner is not eligible to win any other Final Top Prize Drawing for one (1) year or 365 days after the Final Top Prize Drawing in which the Final Top Prize was won.
7. By entering the drawing, participants agree to abide by and be bound by these Final Top Prize rules and regulations.
8. All entries for the promotion will be secured by the KLC.
CONDUCT OF THE FINAL TOP PRIZE DRAWING
9. The drawing will be conducted under the supervision of the KLC Drawing Manager and be witnessed by a member of KLC’s Internal Audit Department, a member of KLC’s Independent Accounting Firm, a representative of the KLC’s Security Department and a member of the KLC’s Marketing Department.
10. All entries submitted for Final Top Prize drawings are subject to validation by the KLC and may be disqualified if eligibility requirements are not met. Validity of entries, drawings, and the award of prizes are subject to rules and regulations of the KLC and the laws of the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
11. Utilizing the Random Number Generator (RNG) the KLC Drawing Manager will select from the Final Top Prize Drawing database, a total of twenty-one (21) entries. The first entry selected will be the top prize winner. The next twenty (20) entries will be alternates in the order in which they were drawn.
12. Once an eligible alternate is moved up to become a prize winner, their alternate status in the drawing will be voided.
13. A member of the KLC’s Marketing Department will notify the top prize winner by phone. If the winner cannot be reached by phone within a seven (7) business day time period (certified letters will be sent after three (3) business days if the winner is not reached by phone), he or she will be disqualified, and the prize will be awarded to the first eligible alternate selected. If the player’s entry is selected as a winner, the player will be required within ten (10) business days of notification to produce the scratch-off ticket with the “FTP” entry symbol and with the18-digit Validation Number and 3-digit Ticket Number that consecutively matches the numbers on the entry. The person whose name is on the internet entry must be the same as the person who has signed the ticket. The signed scratch-off ticket must be hand-delivered during normal business hours to the following address: Drawing Manager or a member of the KLC’s Security Department, Kentucky Lottery Corporation, 1011 West Main St., Louisville, KY 40202. If the scratch-off ticket bearing the “FTP” symbol and the numbers on the entry are not received by the KLC within the ten (10) business day time limit, the prize will be awarded to the first alternate, according to the KLC’s established drawing procedures. If the entry is incomplete or does not comply in any other respect to the requirements set forth above, the entry will be disqualified. Upon receipt and verification by the KLC of the validity of the scratch-off ticket, the prize will be awarded.
14. The KLC is not responsible for the electronic misdelivery, late delivery, or failure to receive ticket information entered electronically. Risk of loss remains with the entrant regardless of the cause of the transmission failure.
15. Every Final Top Prize Drawing will be video recorded by KLC Security personnel or their designee.
16. By entering this promotion, the player acknowledges and agrees that the Kentucky Lottery may use and release the player’s name, city/state and likeness to the public, without limitation and without compensation.
17. By accepting the Final Top Prize or any other prize, each winner, his or her heirs, legal representatives and assigns agree to indemnify and hold harmless, defend, release and discharge the Kentucky Lottery Corporation, the Commonwealth of Kentucky, their employees, officers and directors from and against any loss, claim, damage suit or injury arising out of or relating to the acceptance of any prize.
18. No prize or portion of a prize may be assigned.
19. The KLC will withhold federal and state and all applicable taxes, according to federal and state withholding requirements. Any taxes above the standard formulas are the responsibility of the winner.
20. The KLC reserves the right to change or extend any of the dates set out in these rules. The KLC reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend, postpone or cancel, with or without notice, any portion of this top prize drawing at any time with the approval of the KLC’s Senior Vice President of Sales & Marketing or his designee from the Executive Management group.
21. In the event that interpretation of these rules is necessary, the decision of the KLC’s Senior Vice-President of Sales and Marketing or his designee from the Executive Management Group, after consultation with Internal Audit, Security and Legal (if necessary), will be final.
22. No one under 18 years of age and no one otherwise prohibited by KRS.154A from playing KLC games are eligible to participate in this drawing or win any prize.
23. The KLC’s Rules & Regulations for Promotional Drawings are hereby incorporated by reference.
24. This promotion is void where prohibited by law.
Final Top Prize Drawings for Eligible Games
Rules & Regulations
1. As part of the KLC’s Fun Club Rewards program that is scheduled to begin on December 3, 2012, the Kentucky Lottery Corporation (KLC) will include non-winning Final Top Prize (FTP) tickets in Points for Prizes™ . All non-winning FTP tickets (defined as those that do not have an instant win prize) will be assigned a points value. Tickets with the FTP symbol will also be eligible to receive points, except for those which are submitted before December 3, 2012. Points are accumulated in Points for Prizes™ by submission of non-winning scratch-off tickets. Points can be redeemed for items at the online store or for entries into available future drawings. See Points for Prizes™ Rules and Regulations.
To access Points for Prizes™ and to submit FTP tickets, a player must first register to become a Fun Club Rewards member and establish a Fun Club Rewards account at kylottery.com
3. All drawing responsibilities for FTP games will be conducted by the KLC’s designee, Scientific Games International (SGI) beginning with the scheduled December 3, 2012 Fun Club Rewards start date. The drawing team at SGI will follow the established rules and regulations for Final Top Prize Drawings for Eligible Games as adopted by the KLC in 2010, as amended in August 2011 and as stated by this amendment.
4. PLAYERS MUST RETAIN THEIR ELIGIBLE SCRATCH-OFF TICKET AS PART OF THE ORIGINAL ENTRY AND PROOF OF ELIGIBILITY TO CLAIM THEIR PRIZE SHOULD THEY BE SELECTED AS A WINNER. ENTRANTS SHOULD HOLD THEIR TICKETS FOR 90 DAYS AFTER THE WINNER IS ANNOUNCED.
6. The KLC reserves the right to restrict or modify the eligibility of non-winning FTP tickets for Points for Prizes ™ at any time.
7. FTP is void where prohibited by law.
Last amended: December 3, 2012