Kentucky Lottery Corporation
Ultimate Second Chance
Rules and Regulations
1. The Kentucky Lottery Corporation (KLC) and its designated agents Scientific Games International, Inc. (SGI) and MDI Entertainment, LLC (MDI), a subsidiary of SGI, will operate the Ultimate Second Chance (USC) program under the provisions provided in these rules and regulations.
2. USC is a second chance drawing program affiliated with each eligible scratch-off ticket. It is a feature of the KLC’s Fun Club Rewards program along with Points for Prizes™ whose terms and rules are hereby incorporated by reference. Players enter their tickets at kylottery.com for a chance at the scratch-off game’s top prize amount. USC is void where prohibited by law.
4. The KLC may use, without limitation, an entrant's name, hometown, likeness, and/or voice in any promotions, research, marketing, publications, or other advertising media including, but not limited to, the KLC website without compensation or additional release.
5. The KLC reserves the right to use the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of all entrants for research and marketing purposes.
6. These rules may be amended at the KLC’s discretion.
7. Entrants must be at least eighteen (18) years of age and have a valid U.S. address in order to register as a member of Fun Club Rewards and participate in USC.
8. A ticket eligible for USC entry is any non-winning scratch-off ticket from a KLC scratch-off game that starts after December 3, 2012 and the last date to enter USC for that game has not passed. Entry deadlines are announced at kylottery.com for all USC games.
9. Players will be limited to 200 total entries per week as part of the KLC’s Fun Club Rewards program. A week is defined as Sunday at midnight until the following Saturday at 11:59:59 p.m. ET. This 200 ticket limit encompasses all KLC programs including Bonus Drawings, Ultimate Second Chance, Final Top Prize, Points for Prizes™ and any other KLC sponsored promotions. KLC reserves the right to change, without notice, the limit on the amount of tickets that may be entered weekly or daily.
10. Terminal-generated draw games (such as Powerball®) are not eligible for the USC program, but may be eligible for entry into other programs.
11. Scratch-off tickets that win an instant prize, including a free ticket prize, are not eligible for USC.
12. Each eligible game will have a USC drawing in which one (1) USC winning entry will be selected randomly from all eligible entries for that game submitted during the designated entry period.
13. The odds of being selected as an USC winner depend upon the number of entries submitted for each associated drawing.
15. Once registered, a player will be able to log in to submit an entry or participate in other internet programs that may be provided from time to time.
16. Registration to be a member of Fun Club Rewards requires the player to provide his or her birth date, unique email address, password, and contact information.
17. Failure to fully provide required information will cause a player's request to register to be rejected.
18. Failure to provide accurate information may cause a player whose entry is selected as a USC winner to be disqualified. A player may be considered ineligible and the player's Fun Club Rewards account may be closed if the KLC determines that a player does not meet all player eligibility requirements or provided false information.
19. The KLC, SGI, and MDI assume no responsibility for incorrect information provided by a player on the registration form. After completing the registration, a player is responsible for updating account information as needed by logging on at kylottery.com and going to his or her Fun Club Rewards profile page.
20. A player may have no more than one (1) account. A player is not permitted to create additional accounts in the event that his or her email or other relevant information changes. The player may log in with his or her existing account credentials and make any desired changes at any time.
SUBMISSION OF ENTRIES
21. The kylottery.com site is the sole location where an USC entry can be submitted. Any ticket physically sent to or dropped off at any location whatsoever shall be ineligible. The KLC will destroy all non-winning physical tickets received at any lottery office and the tickets will not be returned.
22. To submit an entry, a player must first log in to kylottery.com using his or her unique Fun Club Rewards account information.
a. Once logged in, a player submits an entry according to the instructions on the Enter Tickets page of the website. Required entry information from the ticket includes the eighteen (18) digit VIRN (Void If Removed Number), which is located underneath the latex of each scratch-off ticket and the three (3) digit ticket number.
23. A list of previously submitted entries is available from the Ticket History page.
24. An eligible ticket may be submitted one (1) time only. The entry system will reject an entry that has been submitted previously.
25. The entry system will reject an entry if it is an instant prize winner.
26. To prevent fraudulent entries, after five (5) consecutive attempts to submit entries that are not recognized as eligible tickets, a player will be unable to submit entries for 12 hours.
27. After an entry has been accepted, the player does not need to retain the ticket.
28. All USC drawings will be held as follows unless otherwise determined by the KLC: Players will have at least four (4) business days to submit their entries after each USC’s announced game end date; the drawing date will be determined once an USC game end date has been established. Once determined all entry deadlines and draw dates will be communicated at kylottery.com
29. All drawing management services associated with the KLC’s USC drawings will be conducted by SGI.
30. Drawings will be conducted under the supervision of an independent drawing auditor who will perform agreed upon procedures for each drawing. Drawings will occur at the SGI offices located at 1500 Bluegrass Lakes Parkway, Alpharetta, Georgia, 30004.
31. In each USC drawing, one (1) winner will be selected, followed by ten (10) alternates, using SGI’s certified Secure Draw System, from all qualified entries to receive the USC prize. Alternates are not prize winners, but are selected in the event that the winner is disqualified or unable to claim the prize. Once an eligible alternate is moved up to become a prize winner, their alternate status in the USC drawing will be voided.
32. A member of the KLC’s Marketing Department will notify all winners by phone after notification from KLC Security of the results of the drawing. The KLC will use the phone number and physical address provided on the entry and will not use any other means to contact the winner. If the winner cannot be reached by phone within a seven (7) business day time period (certified letters will be sent after three (3) business days if the winner is not reached by phone), he or she will be disqualified, and the prize will be awarded to the first eligible alternate selected. The winner's name will be listed on kylottery.com once their information is verified.
33. KLC reserves the right, in its discretion, to change the USC entry deadline and to cancel or to change the time or date of any drawing and the procedures for conducting any drawing. The KLC will attempt to post all changes to entry deadlines and drawing dates on kylottery.com.
34. USC winners MUST claim their prizes within fifteen (15) business days following the date of contact by the KLC Marketing Department. USC winners MUST claim their USC prizes as directed by the KLC. Prize winnings over $25,000 MUST be claimed by the winner, in person, at the KLC Headquarters located at 1011 West Main Street, Louisville, KY 40202. Prize winnings under $25,000 may be claimed in person at the KLC Headquarters at the above address or by U.S. Mail by sending all required information to: ATTENTION: DRAWING MANAGER, Kentucky Lottery Corporation, 1011 West Main Street, Louisville, KY 40202. The person whose name is on the entry must be the person who claims the prize. Winners must provide a valid government issued photograph identification, such as a driver’s license, or other form of photograph identification acceptable to the KLC, and a completed Promotion Claim Form that they will receive from the KLC Marketing Department. The prize will be awarded only after the KLC receives the prize winner’s accurate and complete Claim Form and required ID. The prize winner’s accurate and complete Claim Form and required photograph ID must be received by the KLC no later than fifteen (15) business days following the date of contact by the KLC Marketing Department in order to claim the prize. After fifteen (15) business days have passed, the prize will be forfeited and awarded to the first alternate selected in the drawing. The KLC will withhold federal, state and all applicable taxes, according to federal and state withholding requirements. Any taxes above the standard formulas are the responsibility of the winner.
35. The KLC reserves the right to cancel or change the USC program or any feature of the program. KLC reserves the right to interpret and to make any decision concerning USC or these rules within its sole discretion and to change these rules, without notice, including any provision decision relating to cancellation of USC, amendment to the rules, the timing between draws, correctness of player information, effort to notify a selected entrant, or destruction of entries.
36. In the event of any circumstances or interpretations of any matter in these rules, whether contemplated or not contemplated, the interpretation and decision of the KLC’s Senior VP for Sales and Marketing, or designee, will be final.
37. Each entrant, his or her respective heirs, legal representatives, and assigns, agrees to indemnify, defend, release and discharge the KLC and SGI/MDI, its employees, sub-contractors, officers, and directors from and against any loss, claim, damage, suit, or injury arising out of or relating to USC or any action taken pursuant to these Rules. By entering, each entrant indemnifies, releases, discharges, and agrees to hold harmless KLC and SGI/MDI, its employees, sub-contractors, officers, and directors from unanticipated cancellation, suspension, or postponement of USC due to natural disaster, national emergency, or other unforeseen act of God or man.
38. By accepting an USC prize, the winner and his or her heirs, legal representatives, and assigns agree to indemnify, defend, release and discharge the KLC and SGI/MDI, its employees, sub-contractors, officers, and directors from and against any loss, claim, damage, suit or injury arising out of or relating to possession and any and all use of the USC Prize.
39. Entrants are solely responsible for maintaining and keeping account information current and accurate. The KLC assumes no responsibility or liability whatsoever for technical or computer malfunctions or for player's failure to keep account information current.
40. The risk of loss for the electronic misdelivery, late delivery, or failure of receipt for ticket information entered electronically remains with entrant regardless of the cause of the transmission failure.
41. In computing any period of time under these rules, the day of the designated act or event is not to be included; the last day of the period so computed is to be included. The term “business day” means a day that the KLC Corporate Office is actually open for business (holidays, weekends and other days the KLC is closed are excluded), and such day is from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time.
Last amended: December 3, 2012