Accounts Payable & Validations Coordinator, Corporate - 1122
The Accounts Payable/Validations Coordinator codes, processes, and maintains all disbursements and files for goods and services through Accounts Payable to provide applicable general ledger distribution and to provide pertinent year end tax information incurred by the Corporation. Answers retailer and player questions or problems concerning instant and online products via telephone. Assists with resolving issues from customer service database transferred from third party vendor. This position also validates winning tickets and processes claim information.
- Validates winning tickets and processes claim information from walk-in customers and via telephone from cashing agents. Reconciles information from paper forms to computer inputs. Assists with tracking claim information by scanning documentation or filing paperwork.
- Completes accounts payable responsibilities including: Verifying approvals and coding invoices, check requests, and expense reports with general ledger account codes. Monitoring changes to payment remittances and requesting address book updates as needed. Codes and records miscellaneous check and cash payments for general ledger distribution and general fund deposit. Creates the payment group and verifies designated invoices for the weekly check run. Coordinates check print process and distributes approved checks accordingly.
- Analyzes and resolves any problems that may inhibit payment to vendors and other customers. Reviews PO and contract copies for related expenditures.
- Answers retailer and player questions or problems concerning validations/claims on instant and online products. Assists retailers with validation issues.
- Maintains and processes monthly purchase card (P-Card) transactions.
- Prepares month end journal entries related to accruals and any reclassifications or voids as needed. Maintains and reconciles monthly the corporate petty cash account.
- Assists Manager, A/P, Validations & Retail Accounting on reporting daily tax withholdings and issuing checks for withheld funds to other government agencies.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Manager, A/P, Validations, & Retail Accounting.
Incumbent must possess the following combination of knowledge and experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Some college preferred.
- Three years’ bookkeeping or accounting experience in a computerized accounting environment preferred. Relevant college coursework in business, accounting or finance will be accepted in lieu of experience.
- Experience as a bank teller a plus but not required.
- Minimum of one-year experience using PC applications and spreadsheet software, word processing and calculating skills required.
- Minimum of one-year successful telephone/customer service experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics or D365 or other ERP system preferred.
- Must have experience with Internet navigation.
- Must be tactful, articulate and have effective communication/telephone skills.
- Above average customer service skills required.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Office environment
- Ability to lift 20 lbs.: Occasional
- Standing or sitting: Continuous
- Moving: Frequent
- Reaching, writing, fingering, typing: Continuous
- Pulling and Stretching: Continuous
- Talking and hearing: Continuous
- Seeing: Must be able to read reports and use a computer: Continuous
- Sit for long periods of time: Continuous
We offer a comprehensive employee benefits package including medical, dental, vision, wellness program, health savings account, flexible spending accounts, company paid life insurance, supplemental life insurance, company paid short-term and long-term disability, voluntary benefit plans, generous paid time off plans, retirement plans – including 401(k), 457(b), IRAs, and a money purchase retirement plan in which the company contributes a portion of your base pay.
- Interested candidates may send their resume and salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please indicate “Position #1122” in the subject line of your e-mail.
- We will only contact candidates who match the qualifications for this role and who are selected for the next steps in the talent acquisition process.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer