Field Investigator - 2523
The Field Investigator detects and prevents loss to the Kentucky Lottery Corporation and assists in protection of the company’s physical and logical security assets. Assists with various regional and departmental training programs as necessary.
- Detection and investigation of suspected theft and fraud against the Kentucky Lottery Corporation, both internally and externally. Assists retailers in the prevention and detection of theft of lottery products from their stores. Assists law enforcement agencies and prosecutors in the investigation and prosecution for theft or fraud involving corporate property, products, or services.
- Uses computer systems for investigative research and support.
- Investigation of player/retailer complaints and violation of retailer rules.
- Assists with the validation process of online tickets involving large claim amounts.
- Investigation of incidents involving lottery employees, damage to lottery property, and lottery vehicles.
- Performs monthly security reviews of retailer locations throughout assigned area of responsibility.
- Functions as team member for on-going retailer integrity testing program.
Incumbent must possess the following qualifications:
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent.
- Successful completion of a state or federally accredited law enforcement training academy with a minimum of three years criminal investigation experienced.
- Qualification for commission by Kentucky Justice Cabinet as a Special Law Enforcement Officer.
- Prior certification in firearms training and firearms safety or willingness to be trained for such certification.
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating environments and Windows based business applications (word processing, e-mail, etc.).
- Must have working knowledge of basic accounting concepts, local government structure in Kentucky, and civil/criminal/administrative procedures within state and local governments.
- Must possess a valid Kentucky driver’s license and have an acceptable driving record in accordance with company policies.
- Ability to successfully analyze and handle complex problems and stressful situations.
- Must be able to work independently with limited direct supervision and be self-motivated.
- Must be able to investigate assignments, document findings, and formulate logical conclusions.
- Must possess excellent writing skills.
- Must be able to work with, and communicate effectively and professionally with coworkers, retailers and players.
- Ability to respond or serve in an “on-call basis” as needed.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Requires extensive driving of a company vehicle within assigned area which covers multiple counties as designated by Kentucky Lottery Corporation Security Department management. Field Investigator will primarily deploy to calls for service in their area of responsibility from their residence and will respond to the corporate office on an “as-needed” basis.
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs: Occasionally
- Standing or sitting: Frequently
- Moving: Frequently
- Reaches, writing, fingering, typing: Frequently
- Talking and/hearing: Frequently
- Seeing: must be able to read reports and use a computer: Frequently
- Sit for long periods of time: Occasionally
We offer a comprehensive employee benefits package including medical, dental, vision, wellness program, health savings account, flexible spending accounts, company paid life insurance, supplemental life insurance, company paid short-term and long-term disability, voluntary benefit plans, generous paid time off plans, retirement plans – including 401(k), 457(b), IRAs, and a money purchase retirement plan in which the company contributes a portion of your base pay.
- Interested candidates may send their resume and salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please indicate “Position #2523” in the subject line of your e-mail.
- We will only contact candidates who match the qualifications for this role and who are selected for the next steps in the talent acquisition process.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer