Key Account Manager - 3923
The Key Account Manager serves as the main contact between the lottery and high-volume key account chains (multiple store chains) headquartered in and out of state. Provides sales information, promotions, and facilitates store additions/closings as necessary. Recruits potential new key accounts and conducts re-licensing process for current accounts. Utilizes Sales Incentive Plans, Planograms, Vending Best Practices and product management to assist key accounts in achieving their assigned sales quotas.
The Key Account Manager partners with the corporate level contact at key accounts to present the business case for in-store point of sale (POS) placement, training, inventory management and best practices to maximize lottery sales for the customer and the Kentucky Lottery Corporation (KLC). Identifies sub-standard performing stores and develops an action plan to improve sales and maximize profit for the chain. Serves as the advocate for chain accounts with the KLC and KLC senior management to resolve issues and improve the overall business model for chain account effectiveness.
- Maintains consistent contact with executives of key accounts assigned by the VP of Corporate Accounts & Business Development. Negotiates agreements for lottery equipment, products, promotions and advertising placement with accounts. Collects, organizes and presents to the key accounts information pertinent to the marketing of lottery in their retail outlets. Researches and presents quarterly and annual written business plans.
- Ensures Launch Day success by monitoring new game activations and informing accounts of progress throughout the day. Also assists the field as needed on launch day in vacant areas or areas needing additional help.
- Conducts regular site visits in key account stores while riding with Lottery Sales Representatives (LSRs) and working alone. Evaluates store progress against objectives and identifies opportunities. Communicates the results of site visits during quarterly meetings with corporate contacts.
- Addresses LSR’s concerns with key accounts regarding chronic store issues that cannot be resolved by the regions. Provides regular feedback to regional staff regarding corporate policies, store openings, store closings and special events.
- Facilitates expansion and growth within existing key account base by handling re-licensing paperwork, etc. Recruits new key accounts.
- Attends at least one of each of the regional meetings per year and works with regional staff to address chain activities.
- Supports additional projects in the sales department as directed by the VP, Corporate Accounts & Business Development, such as trade shows and entertainment. Engages in retail trade organizations to build long-term beneficial contacts.
- Provides advice to the Marketing Department concerning new advertising and product ideas. Supports the Marketing Department in the introduction of new games and materials.
- As per the KLC Fraud Prevention Policy, notifies one of four individuals within KLC (Vice President of Internal Audit/Information Security, Senior Vice President of Security, Vice President of Human Resources or Senior Vice President and General Counsel) if an employee is aware of or suspects irregularities internally or externally with a KLC business partner.
Incumbent must possess the following combination of knowledge and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field preferred.
- Minimum of five years’ experience as a high performer in retail sales.
- Two years’ experience in corporate (multi-location) account management preferred.
- Must have highly developed customer relationship building skills.
- Must have strong communication and presentation skills with a minimum of two years’ experience in business presentations.
- Must be adept with computer software including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must have proven financial analysis skills; team building, negotiation and leadership skills.
- Knowledge of principles, practices and techniques of retail sales and consumer goods required.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Home Office.
- Constantly works in outdoor weather conditions.
- Must be able to travel by car. Travel and drive time between retailer visits can range from 30-75% of the day depending on route.
- May require occasional overnight travel and weekend and/or evening work.
- Frequently lifts up to 40 pounds.
- Constantly operates a KLC vehicle. Prolonged sitting in car. Ability to move in and out of the vehicle and retail stores.
- Constantly communicates with retailers and customers. Must be able to exchange accurate information.
- Frequently operates a computer or tablet.
- Constantly may need to bend, kneel and reach.
- Occasionally ascends a ladder to hang banners or other signs at retailers.
We offer a comprehensive employee benefits package including medical, dental, vision, wellness program, health savings account, flexible spending accounts, company paid life insurance, supplemental life insurance, company paid short-term and long-term disability, voluntary benefit plans, generous paid time off plans, retirement plans – including 401(k), 457(b), IRAs, and a money purchase retirement plan in which the company contributes a portion of your base pay.
- Interested candidates may send their resume and salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please indicate “Position #3923” in the subject line of your e-mail.
- We will only contact candidates who match the qualifications for this role and who are selected for the next steps in the talent acquisition process.
The Kentucky Lottery Corporation is an equal employment opportunity employer. Our mission is to build a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where everyone is valued. We’re all winners when we embrace our differences.