Marketing Specialist, Scratch Off Promotions - 2619
The Marketing Specialist, Scratch Off Promotions is responsible for coordinating and implementing promotions for various corporate initiatives that include second chance promotions and retailer focused promotions. Develops and implements consumer initiatives like sponsorships, events, and community outreach to ensure they meet corporate goals. Serves as a lottery advocate through prize patrol and in the field. Acts as a liaison in communicating corporate information internally and externally. In addition, assists the Promotions and Production Manager in special projects and initiatives as assigned.
- Assists manager in developing and executing statewide second chance promotions, social media promotions, retailer incentive promotions, and other promotions that includes coordinating details with participating co-partners. Writes rules and regulations and obtains internal approvals, coordinates development and procurement for required point of service (POS) and merchandising materials. Manages all drawings related to these promotions. Provides pre- and post-promotion performance analysis. Works with draw team to facilitate drawings. Coordinates with winners.
- Recommends, orders, and monitors promotional premium items required for sales, events, and general company use. Forecasts usage requirements and manages re-order requirements to meet demand and budget constraints. Coordinates, distributes, and tracks all promotional items and coupons to appropriate staff. Tracks and provides written reports on usage and benefit.
- Assists manager in the development and implementation of annual consumer initiatives including sponsorships, events, community outreach, etc. Plans, organizes, coordinates, and flawlessly executes assigned initiatives to ensure accomplishment of budgetary goals and optimization of corporate objectives. Develops and procures all required promotional materials. Provides pre- and post-event performance analysis utilizing various tools and programs. Communicates event details to all KLC employees to solicit awareness and participation and provide recap of event accomplishments. Actively participates in events by working at least one event per month and acts as the Lottery Ambassador to customers and retailers by being there to answer questions, create excitement and entice trial of products.
- Manages and tracks sponsor assets and allocates for internal and external promotions.
- Works with the Regional Managers and Key Account Managers in the development of localized retail product promotions and chain-specific promotions and coordinates development and procurement of required POS, merchandising materials, and promotion prizes, etc. Coordinates and communicates promotion details to all individuals necessary to ensure proper implementation and obtains required approvals. Provides pre- and post-performance analysis of cost/benefit.
- Sets up promotions in the KLCs computer system and ensures the information is correct for all promotions.
- Acts as Lottery Prize Patrol to notify winners of prizes they have won as part of a promotion and/or event and provides them with prize details and genuine excitement.
- Advises and keeps manager informed of all activity and project status; assist in “special projects” as assigned. Seeks counsel and approval of manager prior to presentation to others.
- Develops and creates messaging about promotions and corporate initiatives for internal and external communication. This includes ticket messaging, newsletters, etc.
- Acts as active content provider for web and social channels regarding promotions and events to share via these platforms.
- Oversees maintenance of marketing vehicles and ensures budget expectations are met.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related area and/or equivalent education and training required.
- Minimum two years’ experience with consumer marketing programs, including retail promotions; one-year experience with convenience/grocery retail environments preferred.
- Minimum one-year experience working with outside vendors; must be able to work well with partners and other employees of the company.
- Minimum one-year experience with project development and implementation, including managing within budget.
- Prefer one-year experience of proven ability to gather data from multiple sources in order to develop recommendations for implementation as well as post performance measurements and analyze cost/benefit success.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Ability to seek out and analyze information from various data sources and systems and compile in a single source.
- Ability to provide recommendations based on sound judgment and data analysis and prepare reports reflecting findings.
- Ability to follow instructions and meet deadlines with complete accuracy.
- Ability and willingness to handle multiple projects on a day-to-day basis. Must be extremely organized, thorough, and detail-oriented.
- Possesses creative thinking skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Competent computer skills, including Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of KLC online and sales reporting systems a plus.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Constantly works in an office environment.
- Occasionally works in outdoor weather conditions.
- Must be able to travel by car and obtain a medical CDL card to travel to festivals and events as needed.
- May require occasional overnight travel and weekend and/or evening work.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds: Occasionally
- Operates a computer: Continuously
- Talking and/hearing: Continuously
- Seeing - must be able to read reports: Continuously
- Sit for long periods of time: Continuously
- Standing for long periods of time: Occasionally
- Moving: Occasionally
We offer a comprehensive employee benefits package including medical, dental, vision, wellness program, health savings account, flexible spending accounts, company paid life insurance, supplemental life insurance, company paid short-term and long-term disability, voluntary benefit plans, generous paid time off plans, retirement plans – including 401(k), 457(b), IRAs, and a money purchase retirement plan in which the company contributes a portion of your base pay.
- Interested candidates may send their resume and salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please indicate “Position #2619” in the subject line of your e-mail.
- We will only contact candidates who match the qualifications for this role and who are selected for the next steps in the talent acquisition process.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer