QA Analyst II - 1024
The QA Analyst II works collaboratively within the Information Technology department and with the various business units to execute and validate test cases based on specified system requirements. The QA Analyst II is responsible for creating end-to-end test plans; executing the plan and managing all activities in the plan to ensure that all objectives are being met and that solutions are delivered work as expected. This includes the development and execution of test scripts, based on QA standards, for all KLC IT systems, those owned and operated by the KLC and those operated on behalf of the KLC by its vendors. These include the on-line gaming system, instant ticket validation system, back-office business system, web infrastructure, and all corporate network applications. Assists in the total project development process and provide specific system and business expertise necessary to implement KLC business systems.
- Develops and executes test plans and scripts for all KLC applications. This includes applications residing on the iSeries, Intel-based applications residing on the corporate server network, the online gaming system, etc. Effectively and efficiently turns business and functional requirements into test scenarios and performs various testing processes.
- Assures that business requirements, functional specifications, vendor-supplied specifications and documentation adhere to KLC’s defined standards. Participates with software engineers and project leaders in the development of functional specifications designed for use in the development process and/or vendor selection.
- Identifies and evaluates test scenario errors and results. Works closely with application developers to determine problem resolution.
- Works closely with gaming vendor on managing and recording of all open code defects.
- Coordinates testing effort with applications users. Assists with the establishment of test plans and work schedules for completion of QA projects. Ensures that testing standards and procedures are followed.
- Analyzes and investigates product complaints or reported quality issues.
- Uses application and/or technical knowledge to assist users with problems and questions relating to the use of a KLC system.
- Creates and maintains documentation on all critical Quality Assurance processes.
- Performs various duties as assigned by the Manager, Quality Assurance. These include report preparation, attending meetings, and performing studies as they relate to information systems.
Incumbent must possess the following combination of knowledge and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field. Information Technology experience or job-related experience may be substituted in place of degree.
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ direct experience in a Quality Assurance environment with focus on testing software applications and processes.
- Demonstrated knowledge of testing best practices, version control and detect management.
- Detail oriented while still maintaining the ability to grasp high level business processes.
- IT/Software project team experience.
- Minimum of two years’ experience working in an IBM iSeries or Windows environment.
- Working knowledge of a distributed computing environment.
- Experience with internet commerce/application testing.
- Working knowledge of Database structure and query tools.
- Working knowledge of business systems (e.g., general accounting, sales and marketing, purchasing and warehouse distribution) and related computer applications.
- Advanced Microsoft Office application skills.
- Experience with writing of summary documentation for test result findings.
- Clear Communicator (written and verbal).
- Ability to work independently.
- Team oriented with focus on achieving the goals of the team.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks concurrently.
- Ability to understand and work with technology, yet still maintain the ability to communicate effectively with business community.
- Ability to focus on deadlines and deliverables.
Additional Knowledge/Skills/Experience that is desirable:
- Software Quality Assurance certification(s).
- Experience and/or working knowledge of quality assurance tools, preferably, JIRA Test Case Management and JIRA Issue tracking.
- Familiarity with gaming systems.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Must be available to work extended hours, with or without notice, if required, to resolve production issues.
- Office environment required for testing and other job functions.
- Remote work may be available occasionally.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds: Occasionally
- Standing or sitting: Frequently
- Moving: Occasionally
- Reaching, writing, fingering, typing: Frequently
- Talking and/hearing: Continuously
- Seeing - must be able to read reports and use a computer: Continuously
- Sit for long periods of time: Continuously
We offer a comprehensive employee benefits package including medical, dental, vision, wellness program, health savings account, flexible spending accounts, company paid life insurance, supplemental life insurance, company paid short-term and long-term disability, voluntary benefit plans, generous paid time off plans, retirement plans – including 401(k), 457(b), IRAs, and a money purchase retirement plan in which the company contributes a portion of your base pay.
- Interested candidates may send their resume and salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please indicate “Position #1024” in the subject line of your e-mail.
- We will only contact candidates who match the qualifications for this role and who are selected for the next steps in the talent acquisition process.
The Kentucky Lottery Corporation is an equal employment opportunity employer. Our mission is to build a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where everyone is valued. We’re all winners when we embrace our differences.
The Kentucky Lottery Corporation is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals through all aspects of employment, and will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to assist with the job application or interview process, or performing the essential functions of a job. If a reasonable accommodation is needed, please contact Human Resources.