Regional Sales Manager, Jefferson Region - 0921
The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for leading, mentoring, developing, and directing the regional sales team to achieve and exceed company sales goals.
The Regional Sales Manager will have oversight of sales in the following counties: Jefferson, Bullitt, Spencer, Shelby, Oldham, Henry, Trimble, Carroll, and Gallatin. The ideal candidate will reside within one of the following counties: Jefferson, Oldham, or Shelby preferred.
- Manages, directs, and supports field sales to maximize sales in an assigned area (includes riding with lottery sales representatives, visiting retailers, auditing retail accounts). Where applicable, maintains office operation procedures during normal office hours.
- Works in the field a minimum of four days a week. Spends one day a week performing administrative tasks.
- Develops regional sales/marketing plans each quarter. Plans regional execution of marketing department roll-outs to maximize sales.
- Mentors and develops staff using a supportive and collaborative approach on a consistent basis. Establishes and monitors staff performance and development goals, assigns accountabilities, sets objectives, establishes priorities, and conducts annual performance appraisals.
- Engages and motivates team in a positive manner to meet or exceed company goals.
- Addresses retailer requests/complaints and helps resolve issues as appropriate.
- Works with other departments within the organization including but not limited to Licensing, Accounting and Security.
- Coordinates with the marketing department for the distribution of in-store POS, promotional materials, and supplies. Works with promotions department in the coordination of special events.
- Coordinates placement and removal of IGT & Kentucky Lottery Corporation (KLC) equipment. Monitors competitive marketplace to determine most effective positioning for equipment.
- Maintains integrity of regional activities of both office and field. Conducts lottery regional operations in accordance with all KLC policies and procedures as set forth by the Corporation.
- Abides by the company’s Vehicle Fleet Safety and Usage Policy.
- Abides by the Regional Sales Manager Standards of Performance.
- Responsible for reporting any irregularity, or suspected irregularity, involving employees as well as members of the KLC’s Board of Directors, consultants, vendors, contractors, and/or any other parties with a business relationship with the KLC as outlined in the company’s Fraud Prevention and Detection Policy.
Incumbent must possess the following combination of knowledge, skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or similar degree required.
- Two years’ experience in territorial sales management desired. Five years’ experience in territorial sales or five years’ experience in sales or marketing with lottery experience and proven leadership ability may be substituted in place of territory sales management experience.
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Proven supervisory skills including effective performance management and coaching and counseling is preferred. Individuals who have exhibited solid leadership and team building skills may also be considered.
- Requires effective speaking, computer, and customer service skills.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule.
This position supervisors Lottery Sales Representatives (7-10 depending on region). May have supervisory responsibility for Regional Office Coordinator, Assistant or Clerk.
- Travel and drive time working with staff and visiting retailers can range from 50-75% of the day depending on territory.
- May require occasional overnight travel and weekend and/or evening work.
- Occasionally lifts up to 40 pounds.
- Frequently operates a company vehicle. Prolonged sitting in car. Ability to move in and out of the vehicle and retail stores.
- Frequently communicates with retailers and customers. Must be able to exchange accurate information.
- Occasionally works in outdoor weather conditions.
- Constantly operates a computer or tablet.
- Frequently may need to bend, kneel, and reach.
- Occasionally ascends a ladder to hang banners or other signs at retailers.
We offer a comprehensive employee benefits package including medical, dental, vision, wellness program, health savings account, flexible spending accounts, company paid life insurance, supplemental life insurance, company paid short-term and long-term disability, voluntary benefit plans, generous paid time off plans, retirement plans – including 401(k), 457(b), IRAs, and a money purchase retirement plan in which the company contributes a portion of your base pay.
- Interested candidates may send their resume and salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please indicate “Position #0921” in the subject line of your e-mail.
- We will only contact candidates who match the qualifications for this role and who are selected for the next steps in the talent acquisition process.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer