Server Administrator, Corporate - 0122
Administers the organization's Microsoft server, desktop, and cloud environment to support the overall vision of the corporation. Responsible for the installation, configuration, deployment, and support of the Microsoft environment. Provides systems services such as disk management, problem determination and resolution, disaster recovery and directory structure management. Performs research and documentation of the network server and software components. Provides technical expertise and guidance in the areas of personal computer, server, and problem solving. Provides backup support for workstation analysis, network/LAN administration and network security. Delivers high quality, reliable work and handles complex assignments. Works under general supervision and guidance.
- Administers and maintains the organizations Microsoft desktop, server, printer and cloud environments.
- Works jointly with the Information Security Office to plan, coordinate and implement security measures in order to protect data, software, and hardware.
- Follows accepted project methodology concepts as it applies to the KLC.
- Identifies and recommends changes to improve systems configurations.
- Provides 24/7 troubleshooting support (rotating schedule) for the server environment
- Provides 1st and 2nd level service desk support for end users
- Responsible for the efficient operation of the corporation desktop, mobile device, printers and peripherals.
- Regularly monitors for conditions that may require corrective action and advises management of the recommended resolution. Provides users with guidance on complex desktop/network technology purchases. Implements and maintains LAN/WAN and desktop policies, procedures and standards and ensure their conformance with IT and KLC objectives.
- Performs various duties as assigned by the manager. These include preparing reports, attending meetings, and performing studies as they relate to information technology.
Incumbent must possess the following combination of knowledge and experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field is desired, but five years of related experience may be substituted in place of the degree.
- Minimum technical experience:
- Five years’ experience supporting Windows servers.
- Five years’ experience on desktop/PC hardware and software.
- Two years’ experience in server installation and maintenance.
- Two years’ experience in Microsoft Sharepoint.
- Two years’ experience in Microsoft 365 administration.
- Two years’ experience in VMWare and SAN management.
- Microsoft Azure experience a plus
- Certification in one or more of the following:
- Network +.
- Microsoft Certified Administrator.
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer.
- Microsoft Certified 365.
- Strong decision-making abilities.
- Good interpersonal skills coupled with good verbal, written and organizational skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently with minimal supervision.
- Must be self-directed and self-motivated.
- Ability to take ownership of assigned tasks and responsibilities.
- Must have proficient technical, analytical, problem solving skills.
- Must be able to work flexible hours when the need arises.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs., with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, be willing to drive company vehicles and travel to various lottery locations, as needed.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Office environment
- Travel – Some travel required
- After hours on-call rotation
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
- Standing or sitting: Frequently
- Moving: Occasionally
- Reaching, writing, fingering, typing: Continuously
- Talking and/hearing: Continuously
- Seeing: Must be able to read reports, documents and use a computer: Continuously
- Sitting for long periods of time: Frequently
We offer a comprehensive employee benefits package including medical, dental, vision, wellness program, health savings account, flexible spending accounts, company paid life insurance, supplemental life insurance, company paid short-term and long-term disability, voluntary benefit plans, generous paid time off plans, retirement plans – including 401(k), 457(b), IRAs, and a money purchase retirement plan in which the company contributes a portion of your base pay.
- Interested candidates may send their resume and salary expectations to: email@example.com
- Please indicate “Position #0122” in the subject line of your e-mail.
- We will only contact candidates who match the qualifications for this role and who are selected for the next steps in the talent acquisition process.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer