Staff Attorney, Corporate - 1821
The Staff Attorney assists the VP, General Counsel & Corporate Secretary (GC) and Assistant General Counsel (AGC) with a variety of legal issues, including legal compliance and risk, general business and corporate matters, employment, compliance with open records and open meetings and other state agency attribute requirements, monitoring litigation matters, drafting and monitoring of game and promotion concepts and rules and regulations, drafting, negotiating, and monitoring contracts, procurement policies/procedures, and administrative regulations.
- Addresses a broad range of legal issues and the making of decisions with legal implications.
- Formulates policies, including but not limited to, risk management, incident response, information classification, record retention.
- Addresses or works with outside counsel in addressing litigation and other matters filed in state or federal courts, including bankruptcy, foreclosure, probate, prize assignments and intellectual property matters.
- Ensures compliance with legal requirements of federal, state, and local government.
- Drafts administrative regulations and obtains legislative approval.
- Prepares game rules, amendments to game rules, and promotion rules.
- Reviews drawing procedures.
- Prepares contracts or reviews contracts prepared by others, contract negotiations, contract renewals, and contract solicitations in compliance with the Kentucky Lottery Corporation (KLC) procurement procedures and applicable state procurement laws.
- Monitoring to ensure compliance with lottery contracts and other legal documents.
- Advises board of procurement issues and assists in determining when board approvals are necessary.
- Obtains legislative approval of contracts by appropriate legislative entities.
- Completes insurance applications and addresses insurance claims.
- Files liens and addresses retailer collections matters. Addresses retailer licensing and disciplinary matters.
- Responds to open records requests.
- License to practice law in the Commonwealth of Kentucky or eligible for reciprocity based on licensing in another jurisdiction.
- Two to five years’ experience with a law firm and/or legal department in areas of general corporate, business, contract, and employment law and/or experience representing or appearing before state agencies, drafting administrative regulations and proposed legislation preferred.
- Experience in state and federal procurement law and procedures preferred.
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills.
- Ability to organize, plan, prioritize, meet deadlines, and work under pressure.
- Analytical reasoning skills.
This position has no supervisor responsibilities.
- Office environment; Some remote work
- Travel - Minimal
- Standing or sitting: Continuously
- Moving: Occasionally
- Reaching, writing, fingering, typing: Continuously
- Talking and/hearing: Continuously
- Seeing: Must be able to read reports, documents and use a computer: Continuously
- Sitting for long periods of time: Continuously
We offer a comprehensive employee benefits package including medical, dental, vision, wellness program, health savings account, flexible spending accounts, company paid life insurance, supplemental life insurance, company paid short-term and long-term disability, voluntary benefit plans, generous paid time off plans, retirement plans – including 401(k), 457(b), IRAs, and a money purchase retirement plan in which the company contributes a portion of your base pay.
- Interested candidates may send their resume and salary expectations to: email@example.com
- Please indicate “Position #1821” in the subject line of your e-mail.
- We will only contact candidates who match the qualifications for this role and who are selected for the next steps in the talent acquisition process.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer