The Kentucky Lottery encourages all of its players to be responsible in their amount of play. Never spend more than you can afford on any of the Kentucky Lottery's products. Remember, it's just a game.
The Kentucky Lottery supports the efforts of the Kentucky Council On Compulsive Gambling to provide help for persons who may have a gambling problem. If you or someone you know has a problem, call 1-800-GAMBLER for help.
|The Kentucky Lottery Corporation has achieved Level 3 Responsible Gaming Framework certification from the World Lottery Association.|
Do you or someone you know have a gambling problem?
The Gambler’s Anonymous program uses these 20 questions to determine if someone can be classified as a compulsive gambler:
1. Did you ever lose time from work or school due to gambling?
2. Has gambling ever made your home life unhappy?
3. Did gambling affect your reputation?
4. Have you ever felt remorse after gambling?
5. Did you ever gamble to get money with which to pay debts or otherwise solve financial difficulties?
6. Did gambling cause a decrease in your ambition or efficiency?
7. After losing did you feel you must return as soon as possible and win back your losses?
8. After a win did you have a strong urge to return and win more?
9. Did you often gamble until your last dollar was gone?
10. Did you ever borrow to finance your gambling?
11. Have you ever sold anything to finance gambling?
12. Were you reluctant to use “gambling money” for normal expenditures?
13. Did gambling make you careless of the welfare of yourself and your family?
14. Did you ever gamble longer than you had planned?
15. Have you ever gambled to escape worry or trouble?
16. Have you ever committed, or considered committing, an illegal act to finance gambling?
17. Did gambling ever cause you to have difficulty in sleeping?
18. Do arguments, disappointments or frustrations create within you an urge to gamble?
19. Did you ever have an urge to celebrate any good fortune by a few hours of gambling?
20. Have you ever considered self destruction or suicide as a result of your gambling?According to the Gamblers Anonymous criteria, most compulsive gamblers will answer “yes” to at least seven of these questions. More information on how to find a Gamblers Anonymous chapter in your area can be obtained by calling 1-800-GAMBLER.
How does the Kentucky Lottery try to help?