Play Responsibly Program
RESPONSIBLE PLAY IS IMPORTANT TO THE KENTUCKY LOTTERY AND IT SHOULD BE IMPORTANT TO YOU TOO!
The Kentucky Lottery encourages responsible play by its customers. We also ask you, our valued retailer partners, to do the same. We never want a Kentucky Lottery player to spend more than he or she can afford on any of our products.
Compulsive gambling is an illness, and the people who are afflicted with this disease hurt themselves, their families, friends, coworkers, and other people they interact with.
There is help, and there is hope for problem and compulsive gamblers. But, like other addictive behaviors, the person with the problem won’t seek help until he or she is ready to. That’s where the elements of our Kentucky Lottery Play Responsibly program come in.
What Lottery Retailers Can Do
- By making the Play Responsibly message prominent with placement of the logo on our advertising and promotional materials and putting the message on radio commercials, we can ensure that people who need to get the message will get it! Do not obscure the Play Responsibly logo on advertising and promotional materials provided to you by the Kentucky Lottery.
- By placing the 1-800-GAMBLER helpline phone number in retail locations we can ensure that people who need help will be familiar with this number. A compulsive gambler may see the number hundreds of times before finally picking up the phone and calling it. That’s why it is important that you keep this number posted. It is on two different stickers that the Kentucky Lottery provides to retailers, a 3-inch round sticker and a 2-inch by 10-inch rectangular sticker. If you don’t have these stickers in your stores or need new ones be sure to ask your sales representative for them. These stickers can be placed on vending machines, ticket dispensers, play centers, promotional material, ISYS terminals, on the counter and other locations at the point of sale.
- By keeping the Kentucky Lottery's Play Responsibly brochure stocked in your play center or on the counter where your players purchase tickets, you can ensure that people who need help have a lot of information at their fingertips. The brochure has two sides. One side simply has the Play Responsibly message and the 1-800-GAMBLER helpline number. The other side has Gambler's Anonymous' 20 Questions. It's a way for anyone to determine if they may have a problem. Please take a few moments to familiarize yourself with these brochures. If your store is out of the brochures at any time please remind your Kentucky Lottery sales representative to restock you store.
- Once per year your Kentucky Lottery sales representative will review our Play Responsibly Program elements with you, ensuring that you are up to date and familiar with all of the following:
- Players must be 18 years old to play the lottery or to claim a Lottery prize and your KLC Sales Representative has explained the penalties for selling to a minor or cashing for a minor to you.
- Retailers are responsible for monitoring vending machines and player activated terminals to ensure no person under 18 attempts to purchase tickets (that is Kentucky law!).
- Play Responsibly brochures are placed in play centers or another prominent location in the store containing the 1-800-GAMBLER hotline number and Gamblers Anonymous’ 20 Questions.
- Retailers are responsible for training all employees that handle lottery products in the Play Responsibly Program and the Anti-youth Gambling Campaign/Minors Awareness Program.
- Retailers are responsible in notifying the Kentucky Lottery to replenish Play Responsibly Brochures in their stores.
You will be asked to recognize that you are familiar with these Play Responsibly Program elements and agree to abide by them by signing the Kentucky Lottery Play Responsibly Awareness Program form.
For more information about problem and compulsive gambling, how to deal with it, and where to send people for help, you can visit the following web sites: