The Corporate Investigator protects and defends the security and integrity of the Kentucky Lottery Corporation (KLC) as related to physical and logical assets through a series of strategies, functions and policies designed to detect, prevent, or mitigated threats or losses. The position is commissioned by the Commonwealth as a Special Law Enforcement Officer under KRS 61.900 with limited law enforcement capabilities. This position works directly out of the Corporate office and is responsible for duties and assignments in Jefferson County, or as may be assigned by Security management. Investigator’s primary residence must be located no further than approximately thirty minutes by car to the Corporate location.
- Detects and investigates suspected theft, fraud, or other threats against the KLC, or matters related to violations of retailer rules & regulations or KRS Chapter 154A.
- Assists external law enforcement agencies and prosecutors in any investigation and/or prosecution of criminal matters involving KLC assets, products, or violations of KRS Chapter 154A.
- Utilizes KLC computer systems and platforms for investigative research, support, and documentation
- Assists with the validation and authentication of winning tickets of certain prize amounts as specified by policy.
- Performs inspections and integrity tests of retailer locations statewide as part of the lottery’s Retailer Compliance Program.
- Must be willing and able to respond or serve in an “on-call basis” as needed and respond to after-hours calls and in-person responses when necessary.
- Must possess strong ethics and integrity and be able to handle sensitive information in a confidential and discrete manner.
- Provides security oversight in the collection, logging, reconciliation, and appropriate disposal of returned draw-game ticket stock.
Incumbent must possess the following qualifications:
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent.
- Successful completion of a state or federally accredited law enforcement training academy with a minimum of three years criminal investigation experienced.
- Qualification for commission by Kentucky Justice Cabinet as a Special Law Enforcement Officer.
- Prior certification in firearms training and firearms safety or willingness to be trained for such certification.
- Must have a strong working knowledge or willingness to be trained in Microsoft Windows operating environments and Windows based business applications (word processing, Excel, E-mail, etc.).
- Must have sufficient knowledge of the following: basic math concepts; local government structure in Kentucky; Kentucky Penal Code; and civil/criminal/administrative procedures within the Commonwealth.
- Ability to successfully analyze, handle, and document complex problems and stressful situations.
- Must be able to work independently with limited direct supervision and be self-motivated.
- Must be able to investigate assigned incidents in a fair, truthful and unbiased manner.
- Must possess excellent writing skills and be able to document investigative assignments into an electronic narrative format which include findings, results, and logical conclusions.
- Must be able to work with, and communicate effectively and professionally with coworkers, retailers, and players.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Requires extensive driving of a KLC vehicle wherever necessary within the Commonwealth of Kentucky or otherwise as designated Security management. Must possess a valid operator’s license.
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs: Occasionally
- Standing or sitting: Frequently
- Moving: Frequently
- Reaches, writing, fingering, typing: Frequently
- Talking and/hearing: Frequently
- Seeing: must be able to read reports and use a computer: Frequently
- Sit for long periods of time: Occasionally
We offer a comprehensive employee benefits package including medical, dental, vision, wellness program, health savings account, flexible spending accounts, company paid life insurance, supplemental life insurance, company paid short-term and long-term disability, voluntary benefit plans, generous paid time off plans, retirement plans – including 401(k), 457(b), IRAs, and a money purchase retirement plan in which the company contributes a portion of your base pay.
- Interested candidates may send their resume and salary expectations to: email@example.com
- Please indicate “Position #0522” in the subject line of your e-mail.
- We will only contact candidates who match the qualifications for this role and who are selected for the next steps in the talent acquisition process.
Equal Employment Opportu