Frequently Asked Questions
Being a verified Fun Club member allows you, as eligible player, to enter eligible non-winning tickets into second chance drawings, and to receive the latest news, coupons, and information by email and text alerts.
To assist with forgotten password, click on Problems Logging In?. If you forgot your username, call Customer Service at 877-789-4532.
We use age-verification and identity-verification technology and methods to locate records for and verify every person. To begin the verification process, you must be 18 or older and have a valid US address. If you meet these requirements but still are having trouble getting your identity verified, try the following recommendations:
- Use your legal name. Usually, it is the name on your birth certificate, unless it was changed as a result of a marriage or court order. Using nicknames or shortened versions of legal names such as (Kathy instead of Kathleen) may not be recognized.
- Include a middle initial only if you use one when signing legal documents. (If you have a middle name on your driver's license, try including it.)
- Use a valid street address; if you use a PO Box, you can also give that a try.
- Try "Street" or "St" instead of 'St.' or vice versa. Try to use the address that appears on your driver's license.
- Try variations with directional abbreviations. Try including the directional abbreviation, not including them, then spelling them out.
You may have trouble passing our verification process if you:
- Have a recent name change.
- Have recently moved
- Do not have a public records under your name. Examples of public records include: a loan, utility bill, driver's license, etc.
To change your account profile information, log in with your email address and password. From the Manage Profile page, you can make your desired changes.
Once your account has been verified, certain profile fields like your first and last name, the last four digits of your social security number and date of birth cannot be changed.
If you want to temporarily or permanently self-exclude or inactivate your Fun Club account and prohibit yourself from playing on our website or entering second chance promotions, go to Manage Profile and follow the instructions.
During your self-excluding period, you will no longer be able to access your Fun Club account, play online or enter into our promotions. You will forfeit any existing entries you have for second chance promotions from the Kentucky Lottery. You will not receive any marketing communication from us.
Before You Self-Exclude
Cash out any winnings you may have in your online account. You will not be able to cash out your winnings once you self-exclude. Deposited funds cannot be returned.
Set How Long To Self-Exclude
You’ll set the time for how long you want to be prohibited from accessing your Fun Club account, including permanently self-excluding. Once you self-exclude, it cannot be reversed. At the end of your selected time period, you may call Customer Service to reactivate your account.
If you follow the Kentucky Lottery on social media (Twitter, Facebook, etc.), remember to unfollow us. We cannot do this function for you.
Visit the Promotions and Events page to find current promotions and review eligibility and entry requirements. For draw game and scratch-off tickets, you can find examples of what barcode to enter after logging in to your Fun Club account from the ticket entry page.
You may deposit funds into your iWallet through:
- A credit or debit card
- Linking your checking account to your Fun Club account
- Linking your PayPal account
- iFunds or iGifts, which can be purchased at retail
Depending on which method you select, you may be asked to provide personal information, such as your account informations, your social security number, etc.
For debit or credit cards, we do not guarantee any particular card will be accepted. We reserve the right to change funding methods at any time.
If you have winnings in your iWallet, you can have these funds directly deposited into your linked bank account, your linked PayPal account, or you can request a check be mailed to the address on your account within approximately 7-10 business days.
Deposited funds can’t be withdrawn at any time to ensure compliance with banking regulations. Bonus Bucks cannot be withdrawn at any time.
Responsible gambling limits are set to limit deposit activity in a given day, week or month. If you have an account, you may log in and impose personal limits that are less than the defaults if you so choose to do so. Default limits are listed below.
Daily Deposit Limit $849
Weekly Deposit Limit $850
Monthly Deposit Limit $4,250
You have the option of setting lower limits by logging in to your account and going to "My Limits". If you have lowered your responsible deposit limit, it is now in place. If you have raised your limit, the new value will not show up in your account for 24 hours after a cooling off period has been completed.
Players may receive promotional awards (“Bonus Bucks”) for qualifying activities. An award results in the deposit of Bonus Bucks into your iWallet. Bonus Bucks can be used towards the purchase of online play (draw game and Instant Play). Qualifying activities that may result in an award may include, but are not limited to:
- Account funding in a specific period of time, amount or manner
- Purchase of a specific game
- Purchase of a specific amount
Resulting awards are automatically assigned. You will be notified of the award and your transaction history will be updated. Bonus Bucks have no cash value and may not be withdrawn from your account at any time.
iFunds are a way you can add funds into your account through a purchase at a participating retail store.
In order to fund your account through iFunds, log in to your account, then select "Player Card.” You will need to provide the bar code on that card to the participating retailer. You may request iFunds of an authorized amount (in whole dollars), subject to your account balance and deposits limits, from the retailer, and present your Player Card for retailer to scan.
The retailer scans your Player Card. The terminal will display the maximum amount that you can add, based on account balance and deposit limits. Retailer then enters the amount (equal to or less than the maximum allowed), and takes your payment. You will receive a receipt from the retailer and the amount will automatically be applied to your account.
iGifts are another way you can add funds into your account through a purchase at a retail store. You must be 18 years of age or older to purchase an iGift.
Unlike iFunds, which put the money directly into a specified account, iGifts works like a voucher.
In order to fund your account with an iGift, you may request from a retailer an authorized amount (in whole dollars). After the retailer is paid, the retailer prints a voucher. You may then log in to your account, and follow the steps for redeeming your voucher or iGift.
Subject to account balance and deposit limits, the amount will be added to your account. If the addition of the iGift would cause you to exceed your account balance and deposit limits, the iGift cannot be added to your account.
If you are within Kentucky and using a desktop computer, the system will request your permission to use location services. Please verify that your browser is configured to share its location and read the answer for "How do I make sure desktop browser location services are enabled?" If you have any problems, please contact Customer Support.
If you are within Kentucky and using a mobile device, such as a smartphone or a tablet, the system will request your permission to use location services. Please verify that your device is configured to share its location.
When using Wifi
- On an iPhone or iPad, configuration options for location services may be found in Settings / Privacy / Location Services. Ensure that location services are enabled, and scroll through the list of applications to find the browser you are using to access the website. Verify that the browser is configured to allow location access.
- On an Android phone or tablet, configuration options for location services may be found within the browser you are using to access the website. From within the browser, Chrome in this example, access the Settings function. Look for Site Settings, then Location. Look for play.kylottery.com. Select the Allow option. If you are using a browser other than Chrome, your specific sequence of steps may be slightly different.
When using mobile cellular connection for internet
If you are using a cellular connection to get to the Internet, also confirm that your device has been successfully opt-ed in. If you are not opt-ed in, we will not be able to geolocate you.
There may be several reasons that you receive messages saying we cannot verify your location. The presence of certain software or internet configurations on your computer may affect the data and accuracy of the location verification process. Known examples include:
- Ad Blockers (this may be packaged with McAfee or Norton’s anti-virus programs)
- a VPN installed (even if it is not being actively used)
- Remote Desktop Program (RDP)
- Using a mobile hot spot
- Using a satellite internet connection
If these features are present, we encourage you to try playing the games on a different device.
If you are still having problems, please contact Customer Support for help.
Each browser has a different process to configure enabling location services. Select the browser you are using and follow the steps below.
- Open Chrome.
- In the top right, click the Chrome menu. Click Settings > Show advanced settings(all the way at the end of the page in blue letters)
- In the "Privacy" section, click Content settings.
- In the dialog that appears, scroll down to the "Location" section. Select your default permission for future location requests:
- Allow all sites to track your physical location: Select this option to let all sites automatically see your location.
- Ask when a site tries to track your physical location: Select this option if you want alerts whenever a site asks to see your location.
If you select the option that says “Do not allow any site to track your physical location” you will not be able to play the Kentucky Lottery’s online games.
- In the address field type: “about:config”
- A search box will appear. Search for “enabled”
- Ensure the “Value” is displaying “true.” If it is not, click on “false.” The value will turn to “true.”
It is necessary that location services be enabled; if you receive an error message that indicates you may void your warranty, please use another browser when playing our online games.
- Click the Security & Privacy icon in the System Preferences window.
- Click the Privacy tab.
- If the padlock icon in the lower left is locked, click it. Enter an admin name and password to unlock it.
- Select Location Services.
- Check the "Enable Location Services" checkbox.
- OpenSettings > Privacy > Location
- On the right side, if you see this statement: Location for this device is off, click the change button to enable it.
- Below that, toggle theLocation slider from the Off position to the On
Below these, choose apps that use your location. Find the Edge app and slide to the On position.
Select your device type below to learn how to enable browser location services:
Android (based on Android 5.1):
- On your Homescreen, tap the Apps
Note: Some Android devices do not have an Apps icon and display all your apps on your Home screen.
- Tap Settings
- Tap Locations
- Ensure Location Services are enabled
- Select Mode
- Ensure the location mode is set to high accuracy
- To enable location services go to: Settings > Privacy > Location Services.
- Select System Services.
Find the Browser you will use in the list of apps; validate it is set to “While using this app.”
Responsibility is a core value of the Kentucky Lottery. We design our games to be an exciting and fun form of entertainment and encourage players to play responsibly.
The framework of our Internet platform is heavily based on the National Council on Problem Gambling’s Internet Responsible Gambling Standards first published in April 2012. We feel our Internet platform provides a very responsible experience, thanks in large part to the limit setting features required for online accounts.
If you’d like more information on topics such as limit setting, self-exclusion, myths associated with games and warning signs of a problem, visit Play Responsibly.
- tickets winning a free play may be redeemed only through online purchases;
- prizes of $600 or less are automatically deposited into your account, subject to the prize winnings account limit of $5,000. If the prize amount would cause the account balance to exceed this limit, a check in the amount of the prize will be mailed, within approximately 7 to 10 business days, to the address on file for your account;
- prizes over $100,000 must be claimed in person at the KLC headquarters.
Before payment of any prize, we may require you to provide additional information, provide copies of documents, or appear in person at a designated claim center. We may change available methods for claiming a prize at any time and without notice. If we suspect any unlawful conduct or violation of these terms, we may withhold payment of a prize pending completion of an investigation. You agree to cooperate with us in any investigation. We do not guarantee payment of a prize within any specific period of time. We are not liable for any damages or losses resulting from any delay in payment of a prize.
At this time, you can play Keno, Powerball, Mega Millions, Lucky for Life and Kentucky Cash Ball 225, as well as a selection of Instant Play games.
Security And Compliance
The account registration requires players to give personal information such as date of birth (DOB), address, last 4 digits of their social security number, and phone number. The Lottery conducts a "know-your-customer" (KYC) identification verification for all players who register for an account, including verification of their age.
Using A Mobile Device
Android Users: Download the app at https://play.kylottery.com/en-us/android-download.html
Screens and steps may vary by Android device. Please check your operation manual for specifics to your device. Some older devices may not be supported.
Apple Users: Download the app from the Apple App Store.
You may purchase lottery tickets through the website by using your mobile device. You may connect to the Internet using a WIFI connection or through your mobile service provider using your data plan. Connecting to the Internet through your mobile provider requires registration of your device by using the mobile geo-location opt-in function on the website. You must be physically located in Kentucky to purchase a lottery ticket through this website, and our geo-location technology must be able to verify that you are physically located within the state. If mobile geo-location opt-in is available through your provider, you may opt-in by logging in to your Fun Club account and following the instructions provided for mobile opt-in, including providing all required information.
If you are a returning player, log in to Fun Club Rewards account, visit My Account>>Mobile>>Mobile Opt-In and follow the instructions on the screen. You will need to provide your mobile number, choose your mobile carrier and reply to the SMS message that will be sent to your phone during the opt-in process. Message and data rates may apply to SMS messages. Once you have opted-in, you can purchase games on your mobile phone without WIFI availability.
If you want to play lottery games on your phone, it’s important to opt in your device so the Kentucky Lottery can verify your location. The following phone carriers currently are supported:
- Metro PCS
- US Cellular
If you have any questions, please contact Customer Support for help.
If you are using a different carrier, it may not be possible for the Lottery to verify your location. If you have any questions about the geo-location services for these providers, please call your phone carrier.
If either your mobile number or mobile carrier change, you must update this information in your account. Log in to your account, go to Manage Profile. Once your information has been updated, click "Submit." You will get a confirmation message once your update is successful.
Tickets and Games
You can call our winning numbers hotline at 502-583-2000 or visit the Draw Games page to find your preferred game on our website. You can also download our app and get access to winning numbers at your convenience! If you join Fun Club, you can also have winning numbers emailed to you.
Pick 3 and Pick 4 offer set prize payouts. Therefore, for each drawing, the Lottery has established a $1.5 million liability limit for Pick 3 for any particular three-digit number, and a $1.5 million liability limit for Pick 4 for any particular four-digit number. Should any three digit combination (for example 777) be purchased often enough in a single Pick 3 drawing that would result in the liability limit being exceeded, the Lottery will "cut off" further sales of that specific number combination. The same is true of Pick 4.
It is the total number of tickets printed for a game divided by number of winning tickets printed. For instance, if there are 400,000 winning tickets for a game and there are 1.4 million tickets printed, the odds are: 1.4 million/400,000 = 1: 3.5. So, on average (for this example), the odds of winning are 1 in every 3.5 tickets. That doesn't mean that every 3 or 4 tickets is a winner. It means that out of all the tickets printed, the average number of winners will come out to 1 in 3.5. In some cases, there will be a number of winning tickets in a row and, in other cases, there may be a number of tickets in succession without a winner.
The Kentucky Lottery has over 3,100 retailers across the state. Look for the Kentucky Lottery sign. Click here to find a retailer near you.
Claims For Tickets Purchased at Retail
To claim a prize, sign the back of your winning ticket.
Winning Draw Game tickets are valid for 180 days from the date of the drawing. Scratch-off tickets are valid for 180 days from the game’s end date.
Prizes up to $600 may be claimed at any Kentucky Lottery retailer.
Prizes up to $5,000 may be claimed at authorized cashing agents. Find a cashing agent nearest you, or call the Kentucky Lottery’s Customer Service Department (877) 789-4532.
Prizes more than $5,000 up to $25,000 may be claimed at authorized super cashing agents, Kentucky Lottery Headquarters (Louisville), and by mailing the signed winning ticket and an official Lottery claim form to: Kentucky Lottery Corporation, Claims Dept. 100, Louisville, KY 40287-0001. Find a super cashing agent nearest you, or call the Kentucky Lottery’s Customer Service Department (877) 789-4532.
Prizes $25,000 and up must be claimed at the Kentucky Lottery Headquarters, located at 1011 West Main Street, Louisville, Kentucky, 40202. Find hours of operation. To sign up for a time slot, call 800-937-8946 during regular business hours and select option 3.
The cash option is the amount of money the Lottery would have to invest in the current money market in order for that money to grow to the advertised jackpot amount over a 30 year period (which is the annuity length for Powerball grand prizes). Players automatically receive the annual payments option unless within 60 days of claiming the prize they decide to receive the cash option amount.
Only authorized Kentucky Lottery Retailers can sell Kentucky Lottery tickets. Only businesses located within the borders of the Commonwealth of Kentucky can be a Kentucky Lottery retailer. Retailers are prohibited from selling Lottery tickets to persons under the age of 18. Call Customer Service at (502) 560-1500 for more information.
- have an average household income of more than $55,000
- approximately 35% have a college degree or higher
- evenly split between men and women