Director of Communications and Public Relations - 2723
The Director of Communications and Public Relations is responsible for planning, leading, and executing internal and external communications initiatives to promote brand awareness of the Kentucky Lottery Corporation (KLC). Responsible for creating streamlined and standardized communication practices and procedures as well as creating and implementing strategic media relations/communications plans in support of KLC’s strategic plan. Works closely with senior leaders across the organization to enhance public awareness of the KLC. Fosters an informed and engaged workforce through high impact strategic communications that reinforce key company goals, values, and culture. Works in partnership with Marketing to develop cohesive communication strategies and support marketing and advertising campaigns that generate leads and support growth. Provides crisis communication counsel for the organization. Serves as coordinator for the KLC strategic planning process. Oversees KLC’s corporate social responsibility program.
This position may be filled at a higher level depending upon candidate’s experience and skills.
- Serves as a strategic adviser on all matters of internal communications, media relations, and public affairs to leaders throughout the organization.
- Develops inspiring, compelling, and connected communications to ensure the internal and external communications program is successful in keeping all key stakeholders well-informed to help achieve business development objectives.
- Creates compelling thought leadership content, including key messaging, presentations for speaking engagements, content for brand publications, website content, and award submissions.
- In partnership with Marketing, the KLC executive team, and senior leadership, defines key internal and external communications priorities and leverages these to create and execute multi-stakeholder, multi-channel communications strategies and related tactics.
- Collaborates cross-functionally to ensure strategies and message points are consistent with corporate branding and core values.
- Develops and executes comprehensive internal communications plans, including updates to the board of directors, and concepting, drafting and distributing employee-centered content that celebrates and reinforces our culture through emails, newsletters, employee portal, and other employee-facing communications.
- Oversees production of internal company/employee newsletter to enhance communications among employees and the organization.
- Writes and disseminates various corporate/employee communications for the President and Board of Directors.
- Establishes best practices for internal communication, using both traditional and innovative vehicles, including intranet, videos, digital screens, presentations, town halls, etc.
- Directs production of the retailer magazine, annual report, letters to legislators, monthly report to the Governor, fliers, and various other print and broadcast information pieces, which enhance the public image of the KLC. Writes and provides oversight of the production and distribution of the Annual Report.
- Manages media inquiries from broadcast and print media by participating in interviews, answering questions, providing information, assisting the legal department in filling open records requests, and coordinating interviews with necessary corporate personnel. Prepares corporate personnel prior to media interviews for possible questions and responses.
- Drafts memos, emails, presentations, and other written and visual communications on behalf of the executive team. Supports management team in preparing and delivering key internal and external communications. Prepares executive team for industry and other speaking engagements and interviews.
- Develops public relations strategy by establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with traditional news and new media as well as key civic and business organizations and provides information and communication tools as needed to officials at local and state levels.
- Provides crisis communications counsel for the organization and leads external communications efforts in response to crisis situations that affect organizational perception and reputation.
- Coordinates the strategic planning process for the organization. Helps guide process to develop and update strategic plan, share it across all facets of the company, and tracks performance of goals set in plan. Works across all departments to ensure compliance.
- May manage a communications team to support the development and execution of KLC’s communications strategy. Mentors and develops staff using a supportive and collaborative approach on a consistent basis. Establishes and monitors staff performance and development goals, assigns accountabilities, sets objectives, establishes priorities, and conducts annual performance appraisals.
- Partners with Marketing to strategize and support executive initiatives:
- Develops and implements an annual cohesive public relations, internal and external communications, branding, and communications strategy and communications calendar to promote growth and increase brand awareness both internally and externally.
- Develops communications to include written, digital, newsletters, video, and other strategic communications to support engagement and growth efforts.
- Works closely with marketing and communications teams to ensure there is continuity between internal communications messaging and strategy, and the KLC’s overall branding, communications, and business development strategy.
- Oversees KLC’s corporate social responsibility program including the “Play Responsibly” program to encourage responsible play. Monitors trends within the responsible gambling community to ensure the KLC’s program remains at the highest possible level. Pursues related responsible gambling certifications. Works with Kentucky Council on Compulsive Gambling, the National Council on Problem Gambling, and the North American Association of State and Provincial Lotteries to assist with issues related to problem gambling.
- May greet large jackpot winners and gathers information from them for winner awareness purposes. Organizes news conferences and sets up radio, print, and TV interviews for winners. Creates and disseminates news releases on winners.
- Responds to escalated customer service inquiries as necessary and attempts to resolve in a timely manner. Works with staff to ensure appropriate personnel respond to inquiries in a timely manner.
- Responsible for maintaining and exercising the business continuity plan for the communications department on a regular basis. This includes documenting, planning, and exercising the plan, maintaining current processes, testing the plan, and implementing corrective actions, if any, with the assistance of the Business Continuity Coordinators, and other department heads and plan owners.
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of journalism, communications, or public relations.
- Minimum of five years professional experience is necessary in the areas of public relations, journalism, writing and communications.
- Experience and working knowledge of print and broadcast media required.
- Ability to connect and build relationships with media required. Established relationships with media preferred.
- Self-starter and highly collaborative leader with experience in developing and implementing communications strategies.
- In-depth experience and proven track record leading public relations, including legislative affairs, brand building, corporate communications planning, and developing company-wide strategies.
- Prior experience engaging with government agencies, elected officials, or community organizations is preferred.
- Ability to tailor communications that effectively connects with diverse audiences.
- Experience working with marketing and sales organizations in communications and product launches.
- Experience in building, mentoring, and coaching a team of communications specialists preferred.
- Experience with budget development/analysis.
- Ability to function as an effective strategic thinker and tactical executer.
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional management skills. Ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with senior management, Board of Directors, media, community leaders and staff.
- Experience with Microsoft Office as well as copy-editing skills required.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment, providing strategic direction and feedback to stakeholders in a timely manner.
- May supervise directly or indirectly: Communications Specialists
- Office environment; hybrid work schedule in accordance with KLC’s policies and procedures.
- Travel: 10%
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs.: Occasionally
- Standing or sitting: Frequently
- Moving: Frequently
- Reaches, writing, fingering, typing: Frequently
- Talking and/hearing: Continuous
- Seeing: must be able to read reports and use a computer: Continuous
- Sit for long periods of time: Frequently
We offer a comprehensive employee benefits package including medical, dental, vision, wellness program, health savings account, flexible spending accounts, company paid life insurance, supplemental life insurance, company paid short-term and long-term disability, voluntary benefit plans, generous paid time off plans, retirement plans – including 401(k), 457(b), IRAs, and a money purchase retirement plan in which the company contributes a portion of your base pay.
- Interested candidates may send their resume and salary expectations to: email@example.com
- Please indicate “Position #2723” in the subject line of your e-mail.
- We will only contact candidates who match the qualifications for this role and who are selected for the next steps in the talent acquisition process.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer