Field Sales Support Representative, Statewide - 0222
The Field Sales Support Representative (FSR) covers and executes Lottery Sales Representative (LSR) best practices and job requirements for vacant and leave of absence territories statewide. The FSR manages, merchandises, and promotes lottery products at retail locations across the state to maximize revenues over time. Maintains and manages territorial retailer account base. Responsible for the development, implementation and product promotions designed to increase consumer awareness of Kentucky Lottery Corporation (KLC) products and enhance sales at retail locations. Develops and implements value added programs while managing customer relationship marketing activities. Effectively implements optimum ticket distribution, equipment placements, and promotions at retail locations. Assist Sales Operations in retailer training when necessary and can assist Regional Managers in new hire training where necessary. Reviews sales and quota figures via access to the KLC data bases. Communicates retailer incentive plan. Analyzes sales data and develops sales improvement plans.
This role provides services either primarily in Eastern or Western Kentucky; however, candidates may work throughout the state of Kentucky as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports, manages, and executes LSR “Best Practices” in a territorial retailer account base capable of achieving designated sales quota by establishing optimum instant ticket inventory and equipment placement. Reviews sales and quota figures and updates retailer historical activities via access to KLC data bases and Field Reporting System. Communicates retailer sales incentive plan. Coordinates and communicates new game allocations with Lottery Sales Associates on a regular basis. Analyzes sales data and develops sales improvement plans.
- Maintains professional business relationship with existing retailers. Acts as liaison with the Lottery Accounts Receivable department to assist in resolution of Lottery accounting problems. Ensures that adequate bookkeeping methods are used to track lottery tickets and funds. Updates and organizes play centers and dispensers, restocks supplies. Resolves issues that arise (i.e., return tickets, auditing accounts for discrepancies, troubleshooting system problems at retailer sites to facilitate sales). Instructs the retailer about the maintenance and security of lottery products at retail locations. Acts as liaison between KLC retailers and players.
- Develops and facilitates promotion implementation for individual retailers through proper request forms and timeliness. Executes statewide promotions as planned by the Marketing department. Forwards proper promotion request forms and evaluations to Marketing in a timely manner. Facilitates and sets up regional promotions. Works weekends as required to staff promotions.
- Develops presentations to recruit new lottery retailers. Processes licensing paperwork for new accounts and relicensing paperwork for current accounts. Coordinates and schedules training for new accounts. Conducts new and ongoing comprehensive training to ensure sufficient knowledge of lottery and how to sell lottery products. Initiates paperwork to request proper equipment for new accounts including dispensers, Point of Sale, vending machines and terminals.
- Provides reporting of daily route activity, monthly highlights, expenses, and material usage reports. Organizes and maintains company vehicle. Restocks vehicle as needed to ensure adequate ticket and point of sale inventory at all times.
- Assists Sales Operations in retailer training when necessary. Can assist new hire training if needed.
- Loads and provides in store training for vending machines as needed to ensure adequate inventory levels are maintained. Evaluates and troubleshoots minor problems that do not require technical repair skills. Contacts online vendor when terminal and vending machine problems cannot be corrected by minor adjustments. Develops and reviews vending improvement plan. Maintains inventory to insure immediate placement of new games.
- Abides by the company’s Vehicle Fleet Safety and Usage Policy.
- Responsible for reporting any irregularity, or suspected irregularity, involving employees as well as members of the KLC’s Board of Directors, consultants, vendors, contractors, and/or any other parties with a business relationship with the KLC as outlined in the company’s Fraud Prevention and Detection Policy.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications. Five years’ consumer product sales experience may be substituted in place of degree.
- Minimum of two years’ selling consumer products to retailers experience preferred.
- Minimum one year experience participating on team project development and implementation, including managing within budget.
- Proven computer proficiency in Word, Excel and company provided computer reporting tools.
- A valid driver’s license and good driving record is required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to build relationships with retailers; must be able to work well with partners and other employees of the company.
- Proven decision making and judgment capability with minimal supervision.
- Must possess creative thinking skills.
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills, knowledge of retail environment, general business & marketing practices, ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Ability to follow instructions and meet deadlines with complete accuracy.
- Ability and willingness to handle multiple projects on a day-to-day basis.
- Ability to gather data for post-performance measurements and analyze cost/benefit success.
- Must be extremely organized, thorough, and detail oriented.
- Must be outgoing and energetic.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule (which may include working additional hours if needed).
- Regular and reliable attendance is required.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- This position performs work primarily in the field and is not eligible to work a formal telecommuting schedule.
- Occasionally works in an office environment.
- Constantly works in outdoor weather conditions.
- Must be able to travel by car. Travel and drive time between retailer visits can range from 30-75% of the day depending on route.
- Will require overnight travel. May occasionally require weekend and/or evening work.
- Frequently lifts up to 40 pounds.
- Constantly operates a KLC vehicle. Prolonged sitting in car. Ability to move in and out of the vehicle and retail stores.
- Constantly communicates with retailers and customers. Must be able to exchange accurate information.
- Frequently operates a computer or tablet.
- Constantly may need to bend, kneel, and reach.
- Occasionally ascends a ladder to hang banners or other signs at retailers.
We offer a comprehensive employee benefits package including medical, dental, vision, wellness program, health savings account, flexible spending accounts, company paid life insurance, supplemental life insurance, company paid short-term and long-term disability, voluntary benefit plans, generous paid time off plans, retirement plans – including 401(k), 457(b), IRAs, and a money purchase retirement plan in which the company contributes a portion of your base pay.
- Interested candidates may send their resume and salary expectations to: email@example.com
- Please indicate “Position #0222” in the subject line of your e-mail.
- We will only contact candidates who match the qualifications for this role and who are selected for the next steps in the talent acquisition process.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer