HR Generalist - 1422
The Human Resources Generalist assists with recruitment, onboarding/offboarding, maintaining employee records, benefits administration, leaves of absence, wellness programs and training. Supports the organization’s human resources needs and responds to employee questions accurately and timely. Represents the Human Resources Department and the KLC with a high level of professionalism and integrity.
- Prepares and posts internal and external job openings.
- Schedules and conducts phone screens. Coordinates and schedules job interviews.
- Assists hiring manager with the interview process.
- Oversees the application process and pre-employment requirements including ensuring all applicable candidate paperwork is completed. Works with Security to obtain completed background checks.
- Provides real time feedback to candidates.
- Maintains the recruitment tracking spreadsheet and recruitment files.
- Assembles new hire information and ensures all applicable paperwork is included.
- Conducts employee orientation when needed.
- Assists with wellness activities such as biometric screenings.
- Assists during the benefits open enrollment period.
- Serves as a backup for benefits orientation.
- Creates and distributes COBRA paperwork. Tracks COBRA payments and forwards to Accounting for processing.
- Prepares the monthly benefit billings and performs payroll/benefit-related reconciliations.
Leaves of Absence
- Provides the appropriate leaves of absence paperwork to employees and ensures paperwork is completed and returned timely.
- Tracks leave of absence data and updates the FMLA/Leave of Absence tracking spreadsheet.
Training and Development
- Assists with training meetings which may include scheduling conference rooms, sending invitations and disseminating training materials. Maintains training attendance logs.
- Ensures employees are notified of compliance related training.
Compliance & Reporting
- Ensures that all HR functions are compliant with applicable laws and regulations governing employment practices.
- Creates and maintains employee files and records. Ensures files are complete and updated timely. Performs file audits. Ensures that all legal documentation including I-9 forms are kept current and discarded appropriately.
- Tracks required employee acknowledgements related to compliance, policy updates, etc.
- Updates the company’s employee organization chart encompassing staff and departmental changes.
- May prepare compliance reports such as the EEO-1 report.
- Performs administrative duties for HR including but not limited to photocopying, typing, filing, answering phones, answering routine HR questions and requests.
- Distributes HR mail.
- Assists the Employee Engagement Committee with event coordination.
- Assists with entering and maintaining data in the HRIS system.
- Assists with special projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree required (may consider education and experience while degree is in process).
- Minimum of 2-3 years related human resources experience and at least one year of recruiting experience. Experience with employee benefits and wellness plans desired.
- HR certification preferred.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) as well as Internet navigation. Interest and aptitude to work with technology including mobile applications. Ability to operate general office equipment. Experience with ADP Workforce Now a plus.
- General understanding of human resources concepts, practices, programs, and methodologies including FLSA, FMLA, ADA, HIPAA preferred.
- Working knowledge of HRIS systems and programs preferred. ADP systems experience a plus.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written. Ability to effectively communicate with various levels of management, staff and/or outside contacts.
- Exceptional customer services skills required.
- Effective listening skills to ensure understanding of instructions and directions and effectively communicate with co-workers and management.
- Willingness to learn. Ability to embrace new technology and its impact on the HR industry. Awareness of industry trends in the human resources field.
- Ability to understand and communicate company employment policies and procedures.
- High level of professionalism and integrity, with the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and work with highly sensitive data and information.
- Ability to work in a team environment and demonstrate a high degree of tact, discretion, and diplomacy.
- Must be detail oriented, and a problem solver with a professional, positive attitude.
- Ability to multi-task and have demonstrated organizational, detail-orientation, prioritization, and time management skills to ensure that work related activities are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Ability to lift 20 pounds: Occasionally
- Standing or sitting: Continuously
- Moving: Frequently
- Reaching, writing, fingering, typing: Continuously
- Talking and/hearing: Continuously
- Seeing: must be able to read reports and use a computer: Continuously
- Sitting for long periods of time: Frequently
We offer a comprehensive employee benefits package including medical, dental, vision, wellness program, health savings account, flexible spending accounts, company paid life insurance, supplemental life insurance, company paid short-term and long-term disability, voluntary benefit plans, generous paid time off plans, retirement plans – including 401(k), 457(b), IRAs, and a money purchase retirement plan in which the company contributes a portion of your base pay.
- Interested candidates may send their resume and salary expectations to: email@example.com
- Please indicate “Position #1422” in the subject line of your e-mail.
- We will only contact candidates who match the qualifications for this role and who are selected for the next steps in the talent acquisition process.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer